The „Kulturstiftung der Länder“, the Cultural Foundation of the German Federal States, is a non-profit foundation operating under civil law with the function of promoting and preserving art and culture of national significance for Germany. It receives the support of all 16 German federal states.
The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and Media, the Minister of State at the Federal Foreign Office for International Cultural Policy, the Cultural Affairs Ministers of the States, the State Senators for Cultural Affairs and representatives of the municipal umbrella organisations have decided to establish a “German Contact Point for Collections from Colonial Contexts” at the Cultural Foundation of the German Federal States. The Contact Point is especially aimed at individuals and institutions from the countries and societies of origin. As the first point of contact, its intention is to open up access to information concerning collections from colonial contexts in Germany, offer advice and network relevant actors (more information can be found at http://www.kulturstiftung.de/german-contact-point-for-collections-from-colonial-contexts/).
The position of Project Assistant (Person of Contact) (m/f/d) at the Cultural Foundation of the German Federal States for the German Contact Point for Collections from Colonial Contexts is to be filled as soon as possible for a period of 36 months in a full-time position (currently 39 hours/week).
Your specific duties will include:
- Collecting, documenting and structuring data and information on collections from colonial contexts in Germany and related topics and enquiries to be processed by the Contact Point;
- Providing support to the project management and project staff in administrative and organisational tasks in connection with implementing the project;
- Providing support in the preparation of reports, publications and statistical analyses by the Contact Point;
- Independently processing smaller project jobs and tasks on the part of the project management within the scope of the project.
What we expect from you (mandatory):
- Successfully completed studies (min. bachelor’s degree) in a cultural, historical or ancient studies subject that relates to the functions performed by the Contact Point or successfully completed training as a public administration specialist, Verwaltungslehrgang II (or a comparable qualification);
- Excellent MS Office skills (in particular Excel);
- Excellent moderation and mediation skills, as well as a service focus, flexibility and commitment;
- The ability to adopt the perspectives of the countries and societies of origin linked to the collections from colonial contexts;
- The ability to work in a team, along with excellent social, communication and intercultural skills;
- Excellent knowledge of German (C2), good knowledge of English (B2 min.);
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
What we would like from you (optional):
- Professional experience or a solid knowledge of project management in civic institutions (preferably in a civic institution in the field of culture or science)
What you can expect from us:
- A varied job in a dynamic topical environment;
- Insights into the non-profit foundation sector;
- Payment according to TVÖD-Bund Pay Group 10;
- Additional benefits in line with VBL-West provisions;
- The chance to buy a discounted VBB company season ticket.
Would you like to work for us? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
The Cultural Foundation of the German Federal States expressly welcomes applications from people of all nationalities, Black People, and People of Colour. Wherever possible within the scope of its operations, the foundation offers family-friendly working conditions and guarantees equal opportunities for women and men. Severely disabled people are given special consideration when evidence of matching suitability is provided.
Please send us your detailed application (covering letter, curriculum vitae and as complete a description as possible of your academic and professional career, certificate copies, proof of employment and any other applicable documents) in electronic form only, as a single PDF file (max. size 5 MB), by no later than 9 April 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application documents will be deleted 6 months after the application procedure has been completed.